first_imgINISHOWEN FOOTBALL LEAGUE – www.inishowenfl.ieJackie Crossan Premier DivisionRedcastle United                   1-4                   Moville Celtic Moville got off to a great start when they took the lead on 7 minutes after Nigel McMonagle burst through the home defence to fire low past Michael McCole.They increased their lead minutes later when a corner fell to Eamon Reddin whose effort deflected off a defender on its way past McCole.A minute before the break they clinched the points when McMonagle crossed for Shaun Doherty to volley high past McCole from ten yards.Redcastle had the first threat of the second period on 56 minutes when Cathal Faulkner fed Brendan Murphy but he fired inches wide from fifteen yards.Moville upped the tempo and went four nil ahead on 76 minutes after a Raymond Campbell cross was collected by PJ Barr to fire low past McCole from ten yards.The home side got a consolation in the closing minutes when  Brian Tracey pounced on a loose ball to fire high past Sean McGuinness from fifteen yards.Carn FC                                  4-1                   Cockhill CelticThe home side got off to a perfect start when Shane Doherty was upended in the area anmd Michael Byrne converted the penalty low to Leo McColgan’s right hand side. They increased their lead on 15 minutes after Adam Byrne sent Declan McGonagle clear to fire high past McColgan.Midway through the half Daniel Mclaughlin  crossed for Shane Doherty but his first time effort was superbly blocked on the line.Cockhill’s best chance came minutes before the interval when a quick Derek Doherty throw found Mark Moran who cut in but saw his powerful effort superbly saved by Gerard Crossan.Minutes after the restart Carn made it three nil when a Matthew Byrne corner was headed back across goal by Gerard McEleney for Adam Byrne to slot home. Cockhill came more into the game then with Derek Doherty racing clear but Crossan advanced to block well.They got a goal back on 70 minutes when Darragh McDermott advancing from half way and with the home defence backing off he unleashed a tremendous shot from thirty yards to the top corner.They went close again when martin Donaghey headed just over following a corner.Carn ended strongly with Daniel Mclaughlin racing onto an Adam Byrne pass but McColgan advanced to block well.They completed the scoring in the final minute after McGonagle beat the offside trap to race clear and round McColgan to slide the ball home.Aileach FC                              6-2                   Illies Celtic A young and inexperienced Illies  side took a deserved lead on 18 minutes when Gavin Doherty turned the ball past Kevin McDermott from six yards after the home defence failed to clear.But the home side levelled within minutes when a first time Ciaran McGrory pass released Anthony Doherty to fire low past Graham Doherty from ten yards.Aileach took the lead minutes later when a Darren McMonagle corner caused confusion and deflected off  defender past Doherty.Illies were reduced to ten men then when James O Donnell collected a second booking.Aileach took advantage when McMonagle broke on the right and crossed for Gavin Doherty to score with a thundering header to the roof of the net.Illies reduced the deficit minutes before the interval when the home defence failed to clear a Gavin Doherty cross allowing Paddy Doherty to fire home at the back post. Minutes after the restart Aileach increased their advantage when James Gillespie set Anthony Doherty clear and his cross was powerfully headed home by McGrory.Illies suffered a further loss when they were reduced to nine men on 75 minutes after Stephen McHugh was redcarded for dissent.Aileach were rampant now and Conor Gallagher stole in at the back post to fire home from a narrow angle on 80 minutes.They completed the scoring on 88 minutes when Anthony Doherty capitalised on a defensive error to slot home from close range.Culdaff FC                              1-2                   Clonmany ShamrocksThis was a tough game throughout with defences on top for long periods and no quarter asked or given.In a bright opening a good exchange etween Conor O Brien and Matthew Crampsey saw the latter’s cross overhit before at the other end Alan Friel cut  in from the left and fired narrowly wide.O’Brien then sent Derek Doherty clear on the right and with keeper Patrick Harkin well out Doherty’s return ball across the face of the box was intercepted and cleared.Culdaff were out of luck then when JJ Doherty’s powerful free from twenty five yards crashed off Harkin’s right hand post and across the goal to safety.Minutes later Clonmany had a great chance after a deep Joe Grant cross found Marty Doherty at the back post but his low effort was well smothered by Darragh Mclaughlin.Culdaff then saw  a Brendan Mclaughlin cross shot flicked wide by Eugene Mclaughlin before O Brien beat two men on the left and advanced into the area only for his effort to be blocked behind by the legs of Harkin.Clonmany took the lead on 41 minutes after a corner was cleared to Raymond McDaid who fired a superb volley from twenty four yards past McLaughlin.Culdaff levelled within a minute when a long free found O’Brien who headed over but was caught by keeper Harkin and O Brien picked himself up to despatch the penalty past the keeper.The second half was a real dogged affair with both sides fully committed. Chances were few and defences were on top for long periods. O’Brien curled a free from the edge of the area past the left hand post before at the other end Brendan Devlin curled one just past the angle and over.Clonmany struck for the winner on 74 minutes when after a scramble in the home area the ball fell to Brendan Devlin who flashed a left footed effort across Mclaughlin to the far corner from ten yards.Culdaff probably should have salvaged a point in the last minute when a Dean O Connor corner found Eugene Mclaughlin but he headed inches over from close range.Strand Hotel First Division Reports – www.inishowenfl.ieGleneely Colts 0-4 Dunree United Dunree dominated and stayed at the top of the table with this emphatic victory over Gleneely Colts.They opened the scoring on 12 minutes after Philip McGuinness released Daniel McLaughlin who tucked the ball low past Eddie McNamee from close range.Midway through the half they added a second when McGuinness split the home defence with a superb ball for Thomas Mulhern to lift the ball over the advancing McNamee from twelve yards.On the stroke of half time Dunree added a third when Mulhern’s cross was neatly flicked home by David Laird from six yards. The nearest the colts came to a goal arrived on the hour mark when Patrick McLaughlin headed a Drew Crumlish corner just over.Dunree added a fourth on 71 minutes when a Laird pass released McLaughlin to beat the offside trap and round McNamee to slot home. The colts tried hard but Dunree saw out the remainder of the game comforstably.Carrowmena FC 0-3 QPSThe point reignited their title challenge with this comfortable win in Tremone over a Carrowmena side who if they had taken their late chances could have made things uncomfortable for the visitors. The point dominated the opening half with Raymond Buchanan seeing an early free over the wall well saved by Mark Doherty before they had strong penalty claims waved aside midway through the half. On 35 minutes a corner broke to Paul Grant whose powerful effort crashed off the post before they made the breakthrough minutes before the interval. Dean Barron saw his twenty yards effort parried by Doherty but Adam Harkin followed up to slot home from five yards.Carrowmena had an early chance in the second period when an inswinging Cory O Brien corner was headed just over by brother Jordan..The point responded on 55 minutes and increased their lead when Odhran McColgan fed Oisin McCool and when McCool crossed McColgan was on hand to slot home. They made it three nil when substitute Karl Donnelly fed Brian McColgan who squared for Dean Barron to fire home from twelve yards.Carrowmena had two late chances after substitutes Brendan Doherty and Gerard Gill combined to send Gill clear but with only Conor McColgan to beat he fired wide.Then in the closing minutes Kevin McDermott played a one two with Mark McGonigle before crossing for Gill who controlled well but saw his effort saved by McColgan.Moville Celtic Res 2-2 Rasheney FC Although dropping valuable points in the title race Rasheney will be happy enough with a share of the spoils as they came from behind on two occasions in the game. The home side began well and broke the deadlock on 16 minutes when Ciaran Diver beat a defender on the left before cutting in and chipping the advancing Johnathan Noone from the edge of the area.Rasheney pressed and got back on terms on 37 minutes after John McLaughlin fired a powerful thirty yards free kick to the roof of the net past Shane Skelly in the home goal.The opening part of the second half was a dour midfield struggle with defences on top.Moville regained the lead on 77 minutes after James Gillen released Tony Boyce to outpace the visitors defence and fire low past Noone from sixteen yards.But a defensive error in the hoem defence on 84 minutes allowed Peter Doherty to slot home from six yards and gain a point for his side. The home side came closest to winning the game but Ryan Killen headed just over after a corner.Inishowen Engineering Reserve Premier Division Reports – www.inishowenfl.ieCockhill Res 0-4 Aileach ResThere was a very even opening to this game but in the end the visitors were the more clinical when the chances came their way.Cockhill had the first opening after a long ball from Shane McDaid found Michael Coyle but he fired wide when well placed.Aileach took the lead on 31 minutes when Stephen O Donnell’s corner was flicked on at the near post for Liam Burke to poke home at the back post.Before the break Sean Donaghey played a superb ball through for Michael Coyle but his effort was blocked by the legs of David McGeady.Aileach lifted the tempo on the restart and another O Donnell corner found the unmarked James Wallace to slot home at the back post.They increased their lead on 57 minutes when O Donnell converted a penalty awarded for an innocuous looking challenge.Cockhill tried to respond and on 64 minutes a Marty Bradley cross was headed down by Declan Kearney but Alan Fletcher blazed over.Another Bradley cross on 83 minutes saw Fletchers first time effort well saved by McGeady.Aileach finished strongly with Darren Gallagher seeing his effort well saved by Lee McCarron in the home goal.Gallagher then intercepted a back pass to race clear and add the fourth at the second attempt after McCarron had saved his first effort to keep his side firmly at the top of the table.QPS Res 3-2 Glengad ResThe home side dominated the opening half and when Michael Mclaughlin in the visitors goal parried a Paul Hegarty free McLaughlin recovered superbly to deny Fergal Buchanan from the rebound.Gerard Greene then released Mark Duffy but he pulled his shot wide of the near post.The home side continued to press and on 17 minutes Seannan McColgan released John McCloskey whose effort was tipped onto the bar by McLaughlin.McColgan himself then burst through the visitors defence midway through the half and when his effort was blocked by McLaughlin the ball fell to Duffy whose goalbound effort deflected off a defender and behind.The pressure told minutes later when Duffy’s cross from the right found McCloskey whose mishit effort fell perfectly for McColgan to slot home from six yards.They made it two nil on 38 minutes when a superb Stephen King cross from the right found Hegarty who controlled on his chest before firing to the bottom corner from the edge of the area.Glengad’s only threat of the half came minutes before the interval when following a corner Mark Smith headed over.Four minutes into the second period the home side added a third when Hegarty converted a penalty awarded after Aiden Lynch had been tripped in the box. Glengad got back into the game five minutes later when a long ball saw a home defender head the ball past his own keeper Lynch. Glengad were buoyed by this and when a William Logan free kick found Ronald McDaid ghosting in at the back post his downward header was brilliantly saved by Lynch.Minutes later McDaid saw an effort from twenty five yards superbly tipped over by Lynch.In a rare break at this stage the home sides McColgan fed Aiden Lynch but his powerful effort flew into the side netting.Glengad got another goal back on 72 minutes after a Niall McLaughlin effort crashed off the bar for Christopher McLaughlin following up to slot home.They almost got an equaliser in the closing minutes when Smith advanced on the left and fired past the advancing Lynch but home defender Stephen King got back to clear.Carn Res 5-1 Sea RoversPlayed in good conditions on Saturday afternoon Rovers got the perfect start in the opning minute when Shane Diver nipped in to capitalize on a defensive error and fire past JJ Doherty.Carn took control then with Keelan Doherty firing over the bar before Rory Brady was twice denied by keeper Fergal Bradley in the space of six minutes. In a rare attack for Rovers Diver beat two defenders but fired straight at Doherty when well placed.Play swung back to the other end and Keelan Doherty saw his low effort from the edge of the area well held by Bradley. Diver was giving the home defence plenty to think about and on 40 minutes he pounced on a loose ball inside the area but again Doherty saved.Carn levelled on the stroke of half time when Keelan Doherty’s cross found Brady to slot low past Bradley from eight yards.Minutes into the second half the home side took the lea din fortuitous fashion after Brady’s cross deflected off a defender past Bradley.Brady then had an attempted lob sail over before seeing another effort well saved by Bradley.On 65 minutes Carn increased their lead when a Paddy McGuinness shot was well parried by Bradley but Matthew Doherty tapped in from close range.Doherty then made it four nil when he raced onto a Brady through ball to round Doherty and slot home.In the final minute Brady completed his hat trick when he intercepted a back pass and rounded the hapless Bradley to slot home.Clonmany Res 2-4 Culdaff ResThe visitors stunned the home side when they took the lead in the 11th after a deep Paddy McColgan corner kick found the unmarked Ryan Greene to fire home from six yards.Clonmany responded with Aiden Doherty seeing one effort well blocked by George Houten before the same player collected a Johnny Porter crossfield pass and turned his man but fired just wide.They doubled their lead midway through the half after a superb pass from Greene sent Niall Gordon clear and he sidefooted past Roger McGilloway from sixteen yards.With Clonmany playing a high defensive line they were caught out again before the break when Gordon slid the ball through for Noel Mclaughlin to run clear and finish well past McGilloway. Clonmany got the perfect start to the second period when Aiden Doherty converted a penalty awarded after he had been upended in the area.But Culdaff hit back ten minutes later when a loose ball broke to William Hutchinson who despatched a cool finish past the advancing McGilloway.Clonmany got a consolation in the latter stages after Conor Bradley broke on the left and fed Doherty on the egde of the area and he squeezed his shot home despite Houten getting a hand to it.Inishowen Engineering Reserve First Division ReportsMoville Youths 0-2 Cockhill ColtsMoville were first to show in the second minute when Robert Kane broke clear but dragged his effort wide when well placed.At the other end keeper Lee McElroy made a superb save to deny Martin McDermott. Kane then saw his twenty five yards feee kick well saved by Sean Parker before at the other end a Laurence McDaid free kick across the face of the home goal eluded all.Midway through the half hesitation in the home defence allowed McDermott to nip in and fire past the exposed McElroy and give Cockhill the lead.Moville tried hard to reply and Brian Orr was unlucky to see his effort beat Parker but cleared off the line.Cockhill wree unlucky twice before the interval when in separate attacks both McDermott and McDaid saw efforts crash back off the bar before being cleared.Moville dominated the second period and Parker in the visitors goal had a storming game making fine saves to deny Orr, Kevin And Oran McDermott in the opening quarter.Against the run of play Cockhill broke and Paddy Mclaughlin fired a superb shot from the edge of the area past McElroy on 74 minutes.Moville laid siege to the Cockhill goal but a combination of good saves from Parker and poor finishing saw Gearoid McQuillan, Kane and Oran McDermott all fail to convert good openings.Illies Res 4-5 Dunree ResIn a superbly entertaining game the play flowed from one end to the other before Dunree finally claimed the points.After a quiet opening the game burst into life on 21 minutes when Constantin Bamica fired a superb twenty yards effort high past Christopher McCallion in the home goal.But Illies equalised within five minutes when the visitors failed to handle an inswinging Martin Coyle corner and it ended in the net.A minute later they took the lead when Dunree keeper Philip Doherty failed to hold a Charlie Mclaughlin cross allowing Coyle to tap in from close range.But Dunree were back on terms minutes later after Bamica beat the offside trap o race clear and square for Tommy Doherty who had the simplest of tasks.Dunree then took the lead agaion on 35 minutes when Doherty’s cross found David Eccles on the edge of the area and he fired to the roof of the net .On the stroke of half time they increased their lead when Eccles pounced on a loose ball to hammer to the roof of the net from twenty yards.Illies started the second period well and reduced the deficit on the hour when Dominick Doherty blasted a twenty yards free high to the net.Minutes later Doherty repeated the feat to level the game before Illies were unlucky not to take the lead after Andrew Grahams effort crashed off the post.Dunree regrouped and got the winner on 85 minutes when Paddy McGilloways effort from the halfway line caught keeper McCallion off his guard and the ball sailed over his head and into the net for a splendid goal.Rasheney ROVERS 1-2 Greencastle ResThe home side opened brightly with Charlie Gill heading clear from a Fergal Doherty effort and Brendan Grant shooting wide after accepting a pass from George Doherty. Mid way through the half Cathal Kelly got in behind the Rasheney defence but his ground shot was blocked by an excellent Declan Grant stop. Play switched to the other end and when Paul Mc Conologue released Grant, goalkeeper Seamus Bovaird advanced to foil his attempt. Both sides continued to create chances with Anthony Mc Eleney firing past Bovaird but also the post and Kelly delivering an inviting cross into the centre where no one could apply the finishing touch. On 38 minutes Greencastle moved in front when Ronan Doherty was released through the middle and he drove under Grant from outside the area. Just before the break a build up along the left involving Grant and Ryan Gill resulted in Eamon Doherty’s long range cross dropping just beyond the crossbar. A triple substitution on the hour mark for the home side paid dividends within five minutes. One of the subs, Liam Mc Gonigle surged up the left wing and laid off to Eamon Doherty whose low centre was swept home from 14 yards by Grant for the equaliser. The visitors regained the lead on 74 minutes when substitute Daniel Diver set up Kelly and his angled shot from inside the box beat Grant. Ronan Doherty who was prominent throughout the match for Greencastle had a chance to extend his team’s advantage when he was scythed down close to the byeline with 4 minutes remaining. However, keeper Grant made an excellent save from the same player’s spot kick while the rebound was driven wide. Near the end Greencastle was out of luck again and once more Grant denied them. Kelly accepted Kerr’s pass and found himself straight through with only the keeper to beat but Grant prevailed.Rasheney Res 0-1 Redcastle ResA strong cross field breeze made conditions difficult for both sides but it was Rasheney who made light of the conditions in the opening half.On 14 minutes Damien Friel drove a twenty five yards free kick just past the post.Friel and Kevin Noone then combined to set up John Doherty but he failed to hit the target from twelve yards.On 34 minutes Friel raced clear of the visitors defence and when Ryan McCole advanced to block Friel retrieved the ball and crossed deep for Brian Doherty to head the ball across goal but there were no takers.Before the interval Friel fired a free kick from the edge of the area just over the bar.Rasheney were first to show on the restart when an angled looping effort from Friel just cleared the bar.Redcastle came more into the game in the second half with Greg Breslin advancing into the area before seeing Sean Friel make a smothering save. Breslin then set up Conor Doherty but he scooped the ball high and over the bar when well placed.Rasheney hit back with Brian Doherty seeing an angled cross well gathered by McCole before the same player surged forward but fired over from the edge of the area. Redcastle substitute Stephen McCauley almost made an immediate impact when he rounded keeper Friel only to see his effort cleared off the line by Kevin Noone.At the other end substitutes Denis Hegarty and Cathal Herron combined and crossed but Doherty just failed to connect at the back post. Redcastle struck for a late winner on 87 minutes when Breslin collected the ball and evaded two tackles to race into the area and round Friel to slot home and claim a crucial three points.Jackie Crossan Premier DivisionPPtsGlengad1229Carn1223Redcastle1222Moville1021Clonmany919Aileach1318Culdaff1417Illies     (R)137Cockhill *  (R)130* points deductedStrand Hotel First DivisionPPtsDunree1434QPS1433Rasheney1431Moville Res1626Greencastle1215Gleneely1513Carrowmena168Buncrana *135* points deductedInishowen Engineering Reserve Premier DivisionPPtsAileach922Culdaff1121QPS819Glengad1218Clonmany1115Carn1112Cockhill911Sea Rovers110Inishowen Engineering Reserve First DivisionPPtsRedcastle1028Rasheney Res1022Moville Youths1116Cockhill Colts915Dunree812Rasheney Rovers119Illies97Greencastle96Sunday 24th Feb 2013 Advertisement Reserve League ShieldSemi Finals 11amQPS V AileachL DavenportAss.T Brown & T Moyne Advertisement Rasheney V  GlengadW CurranAss. G O Kane& JP HoughtonUlster Junior Cup1-30pm ET&PenMonaghan V Moville CelticCarn V CurraghE DohertyPremier Division 2pmRedcastle V ClonmanyT McAreeCuldaff V GlengadB BreslinCarrowmena V GleneelyJJ LaffertyMoville Res V DunreeD McLaughlinGreencastle V QPSW HarveyBuncrana V RasheneyM McGonagleReserve Premier 11amSea Rovers V CockhillS DeeneyGlengad V CarnR McDermottReserve First 11amCockhill Clt V GreencastleL PorterRasheney Rvs V RedcastleG McLaughlinMoville Yth V IlliesL DugganFOOTBALL: INISHOWEN LEAGUE REPORTS, RESULTS AND TABLES was last modified: February 18th, 2013 by BrendaShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:FOOTBALL: INISHOWEN LEAGUE REPORTSRESULTS AND TABLESlast_img read more