Bruno Fernandes and Paul Pogba Man Utd prediction made by Arsenal legend Emmanuel Petit

first_imgAdvertisement Bruno Fernandes and Paul Pogba Man Utd prediction made by Arsenal legend Emmanuel Petit Metro Sport ReporterSaturday 28 Mar 2020 1:12 pmShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link7.9kShares Bruno Fernandes joined Manchester United in January (Picture: Getty)Bruno Fernandes and Paul Pogba have been backed to form a successful midfield partnership at Manchester United by Arsenal legend Emmanuel Petit.Portuguese midfielder Fernandes joined the Red Devils in January from Sporting and has made an instant impact at Old Trafford.Petit rates Fernandes as the ‘best buy’ from a Premier League club during the winter window and says he can form a formidable partnership with Pogba.Pogba has not featured for Manchester United since Boxing Day due to an ankle injury and there have been suggestions he could leave Old Trafford following Fernandes’ arrival.ADVERTISEMENTRead the latest updates: Coronavirus news liveAdvertisementAdvertisementBut Petit is excited to see the French World Cup-winner play alongside Fernandes, telling Mirror Sport: ‘Fernandes has made a huge impact.‘In the space of two months he is the best buy in the winter market. He has made such a big impact. It’s like he’s been at the club for six years.‘He’s changed the mentality inside the dressing room. It’s hard for a player to come in mid-season and do that. Comment Paul Pogba can play alongside Fernandes, according to Emmanuel Petit (Picture: Getty)‘Paul Pogba was meant to be doing this at Manchester United. It’s what he should have done in terms of leadership on the pitch.‘But I’m looking forward to seeing them together on the pitch, I want to see if that can work, and I’m pretty sure it can work.’Before the Premier League season was suspended due to the coronavirus outbreak, Manchester United had climbed to fifth in the English top-flight.More: FootballRio Ferdinand urges Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop Manchester United starChelsea defender Fikayo Tomori reveals why he made U-turn over transfer deadline day moveMikel Arteta rates Thomas Partey’s chances of making his Arsenal debut vs Man CityMORE: The three things Manchester United need to offer Jadon Sancho to secure summer moveMORE: Manchester United raise contract offer to Chelsea target Angel Gomes Advertisementlast_img read more

Pulev set for Ruiz Jr, Joshua fight

first_imgRelatedPosts Tyson Fury to Anthony Joshua: Don’t risk fighting Usyk Anthony Joshua, Okolie plot world title double Anthony Joshua wants Tyson Fury, Wilder fight The winner of Anthony Joshua’s rematch with Andy Ruiz Jr could be mandated to fight Kubrat Pulev next, instead of Oleksandr Usyk.Pulev (IBF) and Usyk (WBO) are the mandatory challengers for the titles that are stake between Joshua and Ruiz Jr on December 7 and are racing to be the next opponent for whoever emerges with the belts.“Kubrat Pulev’s next fight will be for the IBF world heavyweight title,” his promoters Top Rank told Sky Sports. “If the Joshua-Ruiz winner decides not to fight Pulev, his next fight will be for the vacant IBF title.”Bulgaria’s Pulev, whose only defeat in 29 fights came against Wladimir Klitschko, beat Hughie Fury to earn his position as IBF mandatory challenger and, last weekend, he outpointed Rydell Booker.The IBF told Sky Sports earlier this year about the race between Pulev and WBO mandatory challenger Usyk: “Ours has to come first. The organisations have agreed that the IBF mandatory would be next.”Joshua’s promoter Eddie Hearn first explained in August that the winner of the rematch against Ruiz Jr would have two mandatory challengers to immediately contend with.“We’re going to have a problem where [Usyk and Pulev] both say: ‘you’ve got to fight me next’,” Hearn told Sky Sports.That could lead to the possibility of a belt being vacated by the winner of Ruiz Jr vs Joshua.“Some belt could become vacant,” Hearn said. “Because the IBF and the WBO are both going to order their mandatories after Joshua-Ruiz Jr. Unless a deal can be done with someone, you’ve either got to do that, or vacate.“But the Joshua-Ruiz fight is so big, it’s almost bigger than the belts.”Should Usyk face Chisora next it would leave Pulev free to challenge the winner of Ruiz Jr vs Joshua. Tags: Andy Ruiz JrKubrat Pulevlast_img read more

Lakers’ Luke Walton expects D’Angelo Russell to return vs Charlotte, but will take long view with his injury

first_imgCHARLOTTE, N.C >> The movement seemed graceful as Lakers guard D’Angelo Russell ran up and down the court. His game looked normal as he oversaw the offense taking outside shots and making crisp passes.Those images at the end of Monday’s practice explained why Lakers coach Luke Walton said Russell “looked great” missing Saturday’s game in Cleveland to rest his sore left knee. Those images also left Walton optimistic Russell will play when the Lakers (11-19) visit the Charlotte Hornets (15-13) on Tuesday at Spectrum Center.There marks a question that yielded less certainty. Did Russell’s one-game absence serve as an aberration or a warning sign?“Hopefully it doesn’t turn into a type of thing where he misses a game, plays a game and misses a game,” Walton said. “We need to get continuity with our players. Hopefully that’s not the case. So obviously we’ll see how the knee feels.” Injury updateThe Lakers listed reserve forward Tarik Black as probable to play against Charlotte after showing some limitations in Monday’s practice with his previously injured right ankle. Walton said Black “was hurting” near the halfway of the Lakers’ 90-minute practice. After missing five games, Black played three minutes on Friday in Philadelphia before sitting out Saturday in Cleveland despite being on the active roster.Lakers veteran forward Luol Deng also rested during Monday’s practice after he was hit in the back on Saturday in Cleveland. Walton expects Deng to play against Charlotte.“It’s important we keep him fresh on this type of road trip,” Walton said.Team bondingThough the team was off on Sunday, Walton said about seven players completed informal workouts that involved shooting sessions and games of 3-on-3. The Lakers also attended an advanced screening of “Fences” starring Denzel Washington. Russell missed a combined 11 games because of a sore left knee that eventually received non-invasive platelet-rich plasma injection. Russell then faced a minute restrictions while he averaged 11.5 points on 32.5 percent shooting and 3.3 assists in 21.5 minutes per game in the four contests since his return.Should Russell face any more limitations with his knee, Walton said he would feel more comfortable with the Lakers shutting him down until he fully recovers. “Instead of coming in and out like that, especially at his age, it’s more important to get him healthy,” Walton said. “It’s good for our guys, too, to have a unit that they know they’re going to be playing with instead of switching the starting group up all the time, which changes the second group up as well. We’ll keep a close eye on it in the next week or so and see how it’s playing out.”Nonetheless, Walton saw things play out well for Russell since his one-game absence. He spent the Lakers’ designated day off on Sunday lifting weights and completing a private workout. On Monday, Russell completed all of practice including a full-court scrimmage at the end.“He was pressuring the ball and pushing it on offense,” Walton said. “He looked really good today.”center_img Newsroom GuidelinesNews TipsContact UsReport an Errorlast_img read more