Next India Today Web Desk KabulSeptember 27, 2019UPDATED: September 27, 2019 17:13 IST Lance Klusener will now be heading the coaching duties for the Afghan cricket team (Reuters)HIGHLIGHTSLance Klusener said that he will try to turn Afghanistan into one of the best sides in world cricketKlusener was chosen amongst over 50 candidates who applied for the head coach positionKlusener has previously served as the bowling coach of Mumbai Indians in IPLFormer South Africa all-rounder Lance Klusener has been appointed as new Head Coach by the Afghanistan Cricket Board.After the tenure of former Head Coach Phil Simmons was completed, ACB invited applications for the position and received over 50 applications from candidates that also included Lance Klusener.ACB CEO Lutfullah Stanikzai said that the process was carried out successfully concluding with the appointment of Klusener who will commence his role prior to the series against West Indies in November. He added: “Lance Klusener is a renowned name in the cricketing world. It will be great to see our players benefit from his vast experience both as a player and a coach.” Mr. Stanikzai expressed confidence that Klusener’s presence would prove effective in the national team’s preparations for next year’s Asia Cup as well as the ICC T20 World Cup in Australia.Meanwhile, Mr. Klusener said: “I am extremely excited and honored to be given the opportunity to work with some of the best talent in world cricket. Everyone knows the fearless brand of cricket Afghanistan play. I am very confident that with some hard work we can become one of the best sides in the world. I am really looking forward to working with the Afghanistan team and helping them take their cricket to the next level.”Lance Klusener is Level 4 certified coach and has served as bowling coach of Mumbai Indians in IPL, consultant to South Africa National Academy, batting coach of South Africa Test team, Head Coach of Dolphins franchisee in South Africa domestic cricket, batting coach of Zimbabwe and most recently as batting coach of South Africa T20I team.advertisement(ACB Press release)Also Read | 6 for 7. Meet Sri Lanka’s 17-year-old Slinga who bowls like MalingaAlso Read | England may rope in South Africa’s Gary Kirsten as head coachFor sports news, updates, live scores and cricket fixtures, log on to indiatoday.in/sports. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter for Sports news, scores and updates.Get real-time alerts and all the news on your phone with the all-new India Today app. Download from Post your comment Do You Like This Story? Awesome! Now share the story Too bad. Tell us what you didn’t like in the comments Posted byAjay Tiwari Tags :Follow Lance KlusenerFollow Afghanistan cricket teamFollow Rashid Khan Afghanistan Cricket Board appoints former South African all-rounder Lance Klusener as head coachFormer South Africa all-rounder Lance Klusener, who recently served as the batting coach of his country’s senior men’s T20I side, will replace Phil Simmons as the new head coach of Afghanistan.advertisement
The paperwork subsequently crossed the desks of two judges who had also failed to notice the error.By that stage the man had remarried his new Brazilian wife in South America in January 2015. His ex-wife also went on to marry a Brazilian two-years-later.In a statement before the court, the man’s first wife said that she married her second husband “in good faith” in Brazil and before God and their families. “the idea that I have committed bigamy is convulsing and my mental health is now being affected …“If it indeed the case that my former husband and I are not divorced that means I am a bigamist [Bigamy is illegal in Brazil] irrespective if it was a legal oversight, and I can be arrested, detained and prosecuted if I try to annul the divorce.”Sir James said that if the man had not made the original mistake “there would never have been any problem”. “But that is wholly beside the point,” and ”the real, primary, cause was the errors of the court [and] of the judges”.He continued by saying that “the parties were innocent [were] victims of failure by the court itself”, that their subsequent marriages were entered into “in complete good faith and in reliance upon the court’s own orders”. Regarding their fears of bigamy, Sir James concluded that: “when the entire problem derives from the fact that a cross was placed in the wrong box”[…] “surely the modern judicial conscience would revolt if compelled to come to such a conclusion. Sir James Munby upheld the man’s divorce from his first wifeCredit:BRIAN SMITH /BRIAN SMITH After finally deciding to part ways with his wife, a jubilant husband ticked the official form, left the court and most probably went to celebrate in the pub.His dismay, however, can only be imagined when he discovered years later – and after marrying his new Brazilian wife – that he had put a cross in the wrong box on the form. He was still legally married.Despite the legal blunder and fears of committing bigamy, on Friday the man, who has not been identified, won a legal fight to uphold the validity of his divorce.The man filled in the form in June 2013 and explained in the form how he had married in September 2011 however he also mistakenly ticked a box saying he and his wife had not lived apart for two years.Sir James Munby, a senior judge who analysed the case at a recent family court hearing in London, suggested that judges and staff who checked the form should have spotted the error.He said the mistake had eventually been picked up by a member of staff at Her Majesty’s Courts and Tribunals Service in central London more than three years after the form was submitted and that the former couple had been “innocent victims of serious mistakes” by court staff and judges. The former President of the Family Division of the High Court said the man had submitted his divorce petition at a county court in Willesden, north-west London. However court staff had not spotted the mistake when the form was filed. Want the best of The Telegraph direct to your email and WhatsApp? Sign up to our free twice-daily Front Page newsletter and new audio briefings. He outlined his decision in a written ruling published yesterday and has not named the parties.