00:00 00:00 spaceplay / pause qunload | stop ffullscreenshift + ←→slower / faster ↑↓volume mmute ←→seek . seek to previous 12… 6 seek to 10%, 20% … 60% XColor SettingsAaAaAaAaTextBackgroundOpacity SettingsTextOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundSemi-TransparentOpaqueTransparentFont SettingsSize||TypeSerif MonospaceSerifSans Serif MonospaceSans SerifCasualCursiveSmallCapsResetSave SettingsSAN DIEGO (KUSI) — A San Diego County sheriff’s deputy was free on bail Thursday following his arrest by Riverside County authorities on suspicion of lewd acts with a child.Sam Thomas Knight, 40, was arrested Tuesday and booked on suspicion of lewd acts with a child and child molestation, according to Riverside County jail records. He was released the following day on $65,000 bail.Details of the alleged crimes were not immediately available.San Diego County sheriff’s officials said Knight has been placed on leave and relieved of his law-enforcement authority.The Sheriff’s Department was made aware of this investigation from the beginning and cooperated fully with the Riverside sheriff’s detectives,” San Diego sheriff’s officials said. “The sheriff’s department has no comment on Mr. Knights’ current arrest.”In 2014, Sheriff Bill Gore tried to fire Knight for using a banned chokehold on a handcuffed inmate in a county jail facility. Gore ultimately failed in his attempt to fire Knight for using improper force and for not reporting the incident because of a ruling by the County Civil Service Commision.The Commissioners ruled against Gore and allowed Deputy Knight to keep his job and also collect back-pay.It was a decision a San Diego Union-Tribune editorial board referred to as a “dereliction of duty” and that the commissioners forced the sheriff’s department to tolerate officer misconduct.As far as the child molestation arrest is concerned, the Sheriff’s Department released a statement that reads in part, “It is clear that Sheriff Gore felt that Mr. Knight should not be a sheriff’s deputy, and the sheriff’s department did everything possible to ensure that was in fact the case.”Knight is the second sheriff’s deputy to be arrested over the last month.On Feb. 22, Deputy Richard Fischer was arraigned in connection with 14 charges of sexual assault and sexual battery for crimes allegedly committed against women while he was on duty. FacebookTwitter Categories: Local San Diego News March 22, 2018 Posted: March 22, 2018 John Soderman Updated: 10:26 PM San Diego County sheriffs deputy arrested on suspicion of lewd acts with a child John Soderman,
Tags Comments 14 Trump criticizes ‘censorship’ on social media, SpaceX… Following similar tweets from the House and Senate GOP campaign organizations, the National Republican Campaign Committee joined the ad spending stand-off. “I have directed the @nrcc to immediately halt all spending with @Twitter until they correct their inexcusable targeting of @Team_Mitch. We will stand firmly with our friends against anti-conservative bias,” NRCC director Parker Hamilton Poling tweeted Thursday.Republican lawmakers have accused Silicon Valley giants of bias before. Earlier this week, President Donald Trump, without evidence, accused Google of anticonservative bias in a series of now-deleted tweets.Trump alleged that Google is trying to “illegally subvert” the next election. “All very illegal,” he tweeted. “We are watching Google very closely!”Originally published Aug. 8, 2:44 p.m. PT.Correction, 3:47 p.m.: An earlier version of this story had the incorrect Twitter account that was locked. It was McConnell’s official campaign account. Also, the story misstated the day the account was locked. It was Wednesday. Update, Aug. 9: Adds that Twitter will allow the video, with a sensitive media warning. The Twitter account of Sen. Mitch McConnell’s campaign has since been restored, and the video has been removed. Win McNamee/Getty Images After Twitter temporarily locked the campaign account of Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, a string of leading Republican campaign committees announced an ad spending boycott against the social media platform. McConnell’s official campaign account was locked Wednesday after his team posted a video of protesters outside his Louisville, Kentucky, home earlier this week.Twitter’s blanket policy bans videos that include violent threats, even from those who receive such threats. The video in question, which also aired on Fox News, featured protest chants calling McConnell “murder turtle,” and shouts from the crowd inciting violence against him. Twitter told CNET in a statement that McConnell’s campaign account was locked because the video “violated our violent threats policy, specifically threats involving physical safety.”McConnell’s campaign account has since been restored.On Friday, Twitter said it reviewed the case more closely after multiple appeals and will allow the video to be visible with a sensitive media warning.”Going forward, the video will be visible on the service with a sensitive media interstitial and only in cases where the Tweet content does not otherwise violate the Twitter Rules,” the company’s communications team tweeted. Going forward, the video will be visible on the service with a sensitive media interstitial and only in cases where the Tweet content does not otherwise violate the Twitter Rules. https://t.co/Cuvh305ERA— Twitter Comms (@TwitterComms) August 9, 2019 Now playing: Watch this: Mobile Tech Industry Mobile Apps Digital Media Politics Share your voice 1:23 Twitter Donald Trump
The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, a monitoring group, said the strikes were on an office and a vehicle in Idlib province in northwest Syria, where last week the group routed Western-backed Syrian rebels.Residents said one strike targeted a car used by Nusra commanders, near an internet cafe in the Nusra-controlled town of Sarmada close to the Turkish border.A rebel from another Western-backed group operating in northern Syria confirmed the air strikes on the Nusra Front and hardline Islamist group Ahrar al-Sham near the border with Turkey, and said they took place at around 1 a.m.‘The strength of strikes and their accuracy confirms that they were carried out by the alliance,’ the rebel said, speaking on condition of anonymity.The Nusra Front vehicle struck in the attack had been carrying ammunition, he said. In neighbouring Harem, residents said at least four children had been killed and dozens injured in an attack they believed was launched by the coalition.The Observatory also reported the first air strikes against Ahrar al-Sham.Residents around the rebel-held Bab al-Hawa border crossing, a strategic gateway to Turkey, said a missile flattened the group’s headquarters nearby and killed Abu al-Nasr, the head of its arms procurement division.Rami Abdulrahman, head of the Observatory, said it marked the second time the Nusra Front had been hit in the U.S.-led campaign. The first was on Sept. 23, the first day of U.S. air strikes in Syria, which are part of Washington’s strategy to ‘degrade and destroy’ Islamic State.Nusra, which has been trying with allies to remove its name from the U.N. terrorist list, was taken by surprise when coalition warplanes bombed several of its positions then. Several commanders are believed to have been killed in the September strikes, including Kuwaiti-born Mohsin al-Fadhli — also known as Abu Asmaa al-Jazrawi — reputedly a former member of Osama bin Laden’s inner circle.Nusra Front last week seized control of areas of Idlib province from Western-backed rebel leader Jamal Maarouf, head of the Syria Revolutionaries’ Front in northern Syria, confiscating its weapons.